- Abuatiq, A. (2019). Digital Learning in Nursing: Students Experiences with Shadow Health Pharmacology. Journal of Behavioral and Social Sciences, 6(2), In Press - ISSN: 2375-8899.
- Carson, R. and Mennenga, H. (in press). Team-Based Learning and the Team-Based Learning Student Assessment Instrument: A Longitudinal Study of Masters of Occupational Therapy Students. American Journal of Occupational Therapy.
- Elverson, C. A. and Klawiter, R. A. Using guided reflection to link cultural and service learning in a study abroad course. Journal of Professional Nursing. (In press).
- Isaacson, M. J.,Minton, M. E., DaRosa, P. and Harming, S. (2019). Nurse comfort with palliative and end of life communication: A rural and urban comparison. Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing, 21(1), 38-45. Doi: 10.1097/NJH.0000000000000483.
- Nissen, M., Kerkvliet, J., Polkinghorn, A. and Pugsley, L. (In press). Increasing Rates of Human Papillomavirus Vaccination in Family Practice: A Quality Improvement Project. SD Medicine.
- Vipond, J. and Mennenga, H. (In press). Screening, brief intervention and referral to treatment by emergency nurses: A review of the literature. Journal of Emergency Nursing.
- Born, S. L. (Co-Principal), Carotta, C. L. (Co-Principal),Elverson, C. A. (Supporting), "South Dakota Early Childhood Mental Health Collaborative," Subaward with Southeastern Behavioral Healthcare, Sponsored by SAMHSA, $2,127,544.00. (9/30/2018-9/29/2023).
- Hendrickx, L. and Pelzel, H. were awarded the Dawley Seed Grant Award for “Determining Nursing Students’ Knowledge of Specialized Nutritional Needs of Children: A Rural Summer Camp Clinical Experience”.
- Monson, M. received Crisis Prevention Institute’s Nonviolent Crisis Intervention certification.
Professional Service Leadership Activities
- Arends, R. National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties Nominating Committee Chair, 2018-present; American Association of Nurse Practitioners, South Dakota State Representative, 2015-present.; American Association of Nurse Practitioners Health Policy Conference Planning Committee, 2018-present
- Brown, R. Chair of the Hilton M. Briggs Library Committee
- Buttolph, A. Member of NCSBN, NCLEX Item Writing Panel
- Garren-Grubbs, T. Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses, Member of the Clinical Practice Committee; Invited member of LifeCircle South Dakota
- Gibson, N. Nurse Practitioner Association of South Dakota President, 2016-present
- Hendrickx, L. Member of Western Institute of Nursing’s Program Planning Committee; Member of American Association of Critical Care Nurses’ Chapter Award Selection Committee
- Pasquariello, L. American Holistic Nurses Association, Central Illinois Chapter Leader, 2018-present
- Pasquariello, L. American Holistic Nurses Association, Beginnings Magazine Continuing Education Item Writer, 2017-present
- Stenvig, T. Professional Nurse Credentials and Standards Committee, CGFNS International, Philadelphia, PA. (2018-2019)
South Dakota Department of Health Reports
- Da Rosa, P., Miller A. and Cudmore K. (in press). The Burden and Trends of Colorectal Cancer in South Dakota. South Dakota Public Health Bulletin.
- Da Rosa, P. and Pugsley, L. (in press). Cancer Clinical Trial Accrual in South Dakota, 2013-2016. South Dakota Public Health Bulletin.
Presentations and additional scholarly outcomes can be found on the College of Nursing Our People page.