About the Program
The accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) program at our Aberdeen site, which we also offer in Rapid City and Sioux Falls, is for students who have completed a bachelor's degree in any field and wish to obtain a B.S.N. The program takes 12 months to complete and starts once a year. At the Aberdeen site, the program starts in January. Students take coursework and participate in lecture, on-campus labs and clinical rotations in Aberdeen and surrounding communities. Classes meet on the campus of Northern State University.
- Important Application Dates & Information
Before applying to the accelerated B.S.N. program, you must:
- Apply to SDSU for general admission to the university
- Complete the pre-requisite courses listed on the curriculum plan (you can verify course equivalences on the transfer equivalency site)
- Meet the technical standards and eligibility requirements.
The application to the accelerated B.S.N. program in Aberdeen is available on NursingCAS around March 1 each year. The deadline is June 1.
- Tuition & Financial Aid
Price per credit
Est. curriculum cost
South Dakota Residents $409
South Dakota Advantage
(IA, NE, ND, CO, MT, WY)
» Estimated cost is based on 2020-2021 BOR tuition/fees.
» Additional costs will be incurred throughout the B.S.N. program, including but not limited to textbooks.
- Technology & Compliance Requirements
Ready to take the next step?
Student Learning Outcomes
As a graduate of the program, you will have the knowledge to:
- Integrate theories and concepts from liberal education into nursing practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Critical and Creative Thinking)
- Integrate effective leadership skills to improve the quality of health care. (Cross-curricular Skill: Teamwork; Diversity, Inclusion and Equity)
- Incorporate evidence-based practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Inquiry and Analysis; Critical and Creative Thinking)
- Demonstrate proficiency in patient care technologies and informatics. (Cross-curricular Skill: Information Literacy)
- Evaluate the implications of health policy and health care delivery systems on the professional nursing practice environment.
- Integrate effective interprofessional communication and collaboration into professional nursing practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Teamwork)
- Integrate behaviors that reflect nursing values and professional standards into practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Ethical Reasoning; Diversity, Inclusion and Equity)
- Provide patient-centered, quality care. (Cross-curricular Skill: Diversity, Inclusion and Equity)
- Improve population health through health promotion and disease prevention.