What is the standard B.S.N. program?
The standard Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) program is intended for students seeking their first college degree in nursing. Students that choose the standard program can earn their B.S.N. in just four years. Coursework can be completed in five semesters. The standard program is offered at three sites across the state, Brookings, Rapid City and Sioux Falls.
High school seniors, who meet certain pre-established requirements, may have the option to make their future worry-free by applying for the direct admit program.
For application details, eligibility requirements and course information, choose your campus location:
Have Questions? Get answers.
Cost Per Credit Hour
Do you qualify for Direct Admit?
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
As a graduate of the program, you will have the knowledge to:
- Integrate theories and concepts from liberal education into nursing practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Critical and Creative Thinking)
- Integrate effective leadership skills to improve the quality of health care. (Cross-curricular Skill: Teamwork; Diversity, Inclusion and Equity)
- Incorporate evidence-based practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Inquiry and Analysis; Critical and Creative Thinking)
- Demonstrate proficiency in patient care technologies and informatics. (Cross-curricular Skill: Information Literacy)
- Evaluate the implications of health policy and health care delivery systems on the professional nursing practice environment.
- Integrate effective interprofessional communication and collaboration into professional nursing practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Teamwork)
- Integrate behaviors that reflect nursing values and professional standards into practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Ethical Reasoning; Diversity, Inclusion and Equity)
- Provide patient-centered, quality care. (Cross-curricular Skill: Diversity, Inclusion and Equity)
- Improve population health through health promotion and disease prevention.
Searching for what needs to be done for the application? Check the following items be considered for the standard B.S.N. program in Brookings, Rapid City or Sioux Falls.
Our Nursing Student Services team is ready to help you find a path to meet your nursing goals. Fill out this online form and our staff will get back to you as soon as possible to answer your questions.