Here to answer your questions
The Department of Nursing Student Services is your on-campus resource center for the SDSU nursing program. Whether you are unsure of what pre-requisites to take or if you should apply for an internship, our staff can help. Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating academic advising for pre-nursing and nursing major students
- Assistance with applying to the nursing major
- Maintaining documents required for clinicals
- Scholarship management
- Coordinating special events
- Working with prospective students and giving campus visits
- Working with transfer students and doing transfer course evaluations
Nursing Student Services also has current information on career opportunities. So, if you have any questions about starting your nursing career, you've come to the right place for answers.
College of Nursing students at all levels are invited and encouraged to take advantage of academic advising. Pre-nursing and nursing students are assigned an academic advisor to assist with their academic journey.
Academic advisors support academic success through:
- Providing and referring students to resources and opportunities to make your experience with SDSU the best it can be
- Finding internship opportunities
- Career Exploration
- Planning and executing a course plan
- Helping students understand curriculum and program requirements
- Assisting with the transfer of credits
- Assisting with the adding and dropping of courses and semester withdrawals
- College of Nursing application and admission
Contact an Academic Advisor
Undergraduate students with advising questions should email or call your assigned academic advisor:
Graduate students with advising questions should contact:
If you're looking for a close-knit, supportive community, professors with firsthand experience and simulation labs with state-of-the-art technology, schedule a visit. You'll love what you see.
Our Nursing Student Services team is ready to help you find a path to meet your nursing goals. Fill out this online form and our staff will get back to you as soon as possible to answer your questions.