A place for everyone.
SDSU students know there’s no shortage of activities from which to choose right here on campus and in the Brookings community. University student life is abuzz thanks to the multitude of SDSU events and Brookings status as a thriving “college town.”
- Attend an activity or join a student organization of your choosing
- Cheer on the NCAA Division 1 Jackrabbits all year-round.
- Get your fitness fix through walking, individual workouts or intramural sports in the Wellness Center.
- Indulge your more sophisticated side with a symphonic concert at the Performing Arts Center.
- Curl up in front of the fire with a good book at the University Student Union.
- Enjoy SDSU’s homemade ice cream at the Dairy Bar.
- Take a coffee break at Java City, Union Coffee (serving Starbucks) or Einstein Brothers Bagels.
- Make use of campus dining for countless options for meals and snacks all over campus.
And that’s only the beginning. Almost anything you might want is right here on campus—your new home.
A city that delivers.
If you want to leave campus for a few hours, downtown Brookings is just a few minutes away. Enjoy unique, independent restaurants, as well as the familiar favorites you know and love; shop out your go-to stores and the locals with some Brookings flavor; and take in a movie or two at the local theater. Brookings is the safe, family-oriented town you’ve been looking for.
It’s a small, Midwestern city with the offerings of a community twice its size.
“They want students to feel like they belong here. That value means so much as a student.”
— Megan, SDSU Student Ambassador
Find your crew.
SDSU is riddled with clubs and organizations for every interest area — from service organizations that give back to communities in need, to cultural clubs that take pride in global heritages, to special interest groups that organize students with love of gaming, language, writing or film—there’s a place for everyone.