The Office of Nursing Research (ONR) is available to assist with a variety of research-related activities, both pre- and post-award. If you are interested in obtaining assistance, please complete the ONR Support Request Form and email it to the ONR Grants Program Specialistor mail to the Office of Nursing Research, Box 2275. The following are examples of services that are offered:
- Assist with identifying funding sources
- Provide assistance with the grant submission process and working with SDSU Grants Administration
- Provide templates for letters of support, letters of agreement, resource description, timelines, etc.
- Assist with budget development
- Budget review and approval within the school and at the campus level
- Assist with preparing/completing all agency and SDSU forms
- Facilitate a mock review of a grant proposal
- Assist with compiling and transmitting final application
- Identification of statistical consultant
- Maintain a budget tracking system
- Assist with purchasing supplies and equipment
- Assist with preparing the progress/final reports to the funding agency
- Assist with finding student research assistants
- Aid in setting up a database
- Review of survey or data collection tool
- Manuscript review
- SPSS and NVivo software is available for installation. License charges are covered by the College of Nursing for faculty on a research trajectory. Periodic research seminars introduce faculty and students to SPSS.
- Endnote citation manager software is available for free download from the HM Briggs Library at SDSU. Periodic training is offered by librarians.
- QuestionPro is an online survey research software available for free download from the SDSU Instructional Technology office. Periodic research seminars introduce faculty and students to QuestionPro.
- Questions about software resources should be directed to theGrants Program Specialist.