The Office of Nursing Research (ONR) is available to assist with a variety of research-related activities, both pre- and post-award. If you are interested in obtaining assistance, please contact the grants program specialist. The following are examples of services that are offered:
- Assist with identifying funding sources
- Provide assistance with the grant submission process and working with SDSU Grants Administration
- Provide templates for letters of support, letters of agreement, resource description, timelines, etc.
- Assist with budget development
- Budget review and approval within the school and at the campus level
- Assist with preparing/completing all agency and SDSU forms
- Facilitate a mock review of a grant proposal
- Assist with compiling and transmitting final application
- Identification of statistical consultant
- Maintain a budget tracking system
- Assist with purchasing supplies and equipment
- Assist with preparing the progress/final reports to the funding agency
- Assist with finding student research assistants
- Aid in setting up a database
- Review of survey or data collection tool
- Manuscript review
- SPSS and NVivo software is available for installation. License charges are covered by the College of Nursing for faculty on a research trajectory. Periodic research seminars introduce faculty and students to SPSS.
- Endnote citation manager software is available for free download from the HM Briggs Library at SDSU. Periodic training is offered by librarians.
- QuestionPro is an online survey research software available for free download from the SDSU Instructional Technology office. Periodic research seminars introduce faculty and students to QuestionPro.
- Questions about software resources should be directed to theGrants Program Specialist.