What is the accelerated B.S.N. program?
The accelerated program is designed for students who have completed a bachelor's degree in any field and wish to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.). The program takes 12 months to complete and starts once a year. The accelerated program is offered in Aberdeen, Rapid City and Sioux Falls.
For application details, eligibility requirements and course information, choose your campus location:
Length of Completion
2022 NCLEX-RN pass rate for first time takers*
Cost Per Credit Hour
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
As a graduate of the program, you will have the knowledge to:
- Integrate theories and concepts from liberal education into nursing practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Critical and Creative Thinking)
- Integrate effective leadership skills to improve the quality of health care. (Cross-curricular Skill: Teamwork; Diversity, Inclusion and Equity)
- Incorporate evidence-based practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Inquiry and Analysis; Critical and Creative Thinking)
- Demonstrate proficiency in patient care technologies and informatics. (Cross-curricular Skill: Information Literacy)
- Evaluate the implications of health policy and health care delivery systems on the professional nursing practice environment.
- Integrate effective interprofessional communication and collaboration into professional nursing practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Teamwork)
- Integrate behaviors that reflect nursing values and professional standards into practice. (Cross-curricular Skill: Ethical Reasoning; Diversity, Inclusion and Equity)
- Provide patient-centered, quality care. (Cross-curricular Skill: Diversity, Inclusion and Equity)
- Improve population health through health promotion and disease prevention
Our Nursing Student Services team is ready to help you find a path to meet your nursing goals. Fill out this online form and our staff will get back to you as soon as possible to answer your questions.
Searching for what needs to be done for the application? Check the following items to be considered for the accelerated B.S.N. program in Aberdeen, Rapid City or Sioux Falls.