HCSC strives for excellence in simulation education, research, scholarship and health services to diverse individuals, communities and populations across the life span. The HCSC improves human health and quality of life for people in the state of South Dakota, the region, the nation and the world.
The HCSC will be a national leader in quality simulation education within and/or between various disciplines.
- People-Centered: We recognize leadership is derived from service to others. We are committed to creating a culture where all thrive and are supported on their own personal and professional paths toward lifelong learning, growth and leadership.
- Creativity: Creativity is our cornerstone to expand knowledge, develop human understanding and enrich quality of life. We believe that education and research/scholarship/creative activity reinforce one another and the best academic programs bring innovative teaching and rigorous research together.
- Integrity: We act with organizational and personal integrity, through honest interactions, professionalism, transparent and accountable decision-making, and respect for others.
- Diversity: We are committed to diversity of community and ideas. We believe in a supportive, inclusive, collaborative and cohesive environment with a focus on access. We actively seek collaboration and we respect individuals with differing perspectives, backgrounds and areas of expertise.
- Excellence: Excellence is achieved through continuous improvement, assessment and accountability. We embrace bold action and adapt to an ever-changing environment. Individually, we are experts at what we do. Collectively, our impact is even greater.
If you're looking for a close-knit, supportive community, professors with firsthand experience and simulation labs with state-of-the-art technology, schedule a visit. You'll love what you see.
Our Nursing Student Services team is ready to help you find a path to meet your nursing goals. Fill out this online form and our staff will get back to you as soon as possible to answer your questions.