Welcome SDSU FNP Preceptors
Thank you for supporting our SDSU FNP students. We greatly appreciate it.
- Preceptor Handbook
- AANP Recertification Handbook (precepting information - pg. 22)
- Preceptor Form for CE credits
- Free/Reimbursed CEs
1. Each SDSU preceptor will be reimbursed for 3 CEs each month.
2. Register for CEs at any approved provider site.
3. Complete CE course work.
4. Send certificate and receipt to the Clinical Site Coordinator
5. You will be reimbursed.
- CE Links
Featured CEs (2.25)
Videos Vignettes for Preceptors to View from NONPF:
- Precepting the Primary Care NP Student
- Precepting the Acute Care NP Student
- Precepting in a Busy Clinic
- Preparing NP Students for Pediatric Clinical Experiences
- Working with the Overly Confident NP Student
Student/Preceptor Clinical Hours:
Spring (N765 - 1st Clinical): 240 hours total - Mid January to the end of April
- Primary Care Provider (Family Health/Peds/Rural Health): 160 hours in 16 weeks. This turns out to be 1 to 2 per days per week depending how the student and preceptor schedules hours.
* Pediatrics (~40 hours): These hours count towards primary care.
- Specialty hours (74 hours)
* Dermatology (~37 hours)
* ENT (~37 hours)
- Simulation (6 hours)
Summer (N768 - 2nd Clinical): 240 hours total - The first of May to the end of July
- Primary Care Provider (Family Health/Peds/Rural Health) – 100 to 120 hours
- Specialties – 120 to 140 hours
* Women’s Health
* Mental Health
Fall (N771 - 3rd clinical): 240 hours total - The end of August to the end of November
- Primary Care Provider (Family Health/Internal Med/Peds/Rural Health) – 160 hours in 16 weeks.
- Specialties: 74 hours
* Orthopedics (~34 hours)
* Women’s Health (~40 hours)
* More Peds if not on track.
Spring (N776 - 4rd clinical): 300 hours total - Mid January to the end of April
- Primary Care Provider (Family Health/Internal Med/Peds/Rural Health): 200 hours in 16 weeks.
- Specialties: 92 hours
* Emergency Department/Urgent Care/Other Specialties (~92 hours)
- Other Specialties
* Mental Health
* Heart Doctors
* Pain Clinic
- Simulation (8 hours)
***** Preceptors (sometimes facility) are paid $10/hour *****