Online EECS Student Advisory Council Application Form.
Student Advisory Council PURPOSE
The purpose of the EE and CS Programs’ Student Advisory Council (EECS-SAC) is to provide input to the EE and CS Department Head to ensure that the programs are effectively serving student needs.
EE and CS DEPARTMENT MISSION
The mission of the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department is to provide a rigorous, practical education for our students oriented toward problem solving; to conduct world-class research with a regional emphasis; and to provide technical assistance to existing and emerging businesses, industry and government.
EECS SAC OBJECTIVES
The objective of the EECS-SAC is to provide input about the respective programs that will result in continuous program improvement.
Of particular interest is for students to provide feedback on:
- classroom learning environment
- laboratory environment
- student-teacher, -staff and -administrator relationship climate
- student activities and opportunities
- student professional improvement and opportunities
- courses and course offerings
- academic and career advising
- maintaining the relevance of the programs’ educational objectives and desired student outcomes with reference to ABET.
EECS-SAC members are expected to attend and participated regularly in SAC meetings. There will be a minimum of two and a maximum of four meetings per academic year. Members are selected by the department head through an application process. Membership lasts for one academic year (AY). With successful yearly application, a student may be selected to serve up to four times.
EECS COMMITMENT to EECS-SAC
Department will provide a meal for each meeting.