Computer Scientists play key roles in many walks of life in today’s society.
The Computer Science program prepares graduates for positions in the design and development of computer systems and applications in business and industry and for scientific positions in industrial or academic computing research. Areas of research interest within the department currently include Software Engineering, Medical Image Processing, Parallel Processing, Applied Computing, GIS, Computer Security, Cluster Computing, and Computer Networks.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have a strong foundation in mathematics and computer science
- Want to conduct research in the field
- Like to solve complicated puzzles
- Have a strong work ethic
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Information assurance software developer
- Developer/designer of games and virtual environments
- Software engineer
- Operating systems and network administrator
- Software architect
- Bioinformatics specialist
- Information technology specialist
- Systems analyst
- Database administrator
- Teacher at the college level