- Brookings Main Campus
From Dreamers to Doers
Students in this major write business plans and ultimately open their own small business, learning through experience as well as in the classroom. Coursework focuses on management, finance, accounting, business law, real estate, sales and marketing. Graduates tend to work in: Management, Sales, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate and Marketing. Graduates work for a variety of companies from banking to music production. Some create their own companies and are self-employed.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy experiential learning
- Want to gain business skills
- Are imaginative and creative
- Interested in opening a business
- Are self-motivated
- Start a business/grow an existing business
- Business Analyst/Consultant
- Marketing/Public Relations
- Sales Representative
- Retail Businesses
- Financial Institutions
- Real Estate
- Media/Advertising Coordinator intern
- Operations Intern
- Insurance Intern
- Business Development Representative intern
- Property Management intern
Suggested Accelerated Programs
Clubs and Organizations
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO)
- Finance Insurance & Real Estate (FIRE)
- Human Resource Management (HR)
Undecided or still deciding on a major and future career?
If you are uncertain about your major and have questions about career planning, you are not alone. Choosing a major or career can be a very difficult decision. The Exploratory Studies program may be a good fit if you are unsure of your major and career focus. Entering the university in the Exploratory Studies program will help you gain confidence and valuable insights on majors and minors available at SDSU and future career choices.
In addition, FOCUS 2 Career, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you reflect on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills to provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 Career by using their student email and password. After completing FOCUS 2 Career, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a Career Coach in the Office of Career Development.