Develop skills to play a vital role in the relationship between a company and employees.
The minor in Human Resources will provide a focus to help students who are interested in building their knowledge base and skills in the primary areas of human resources including employee recruitment, retention, training, and compensation. The coursework focuses on issues related to the effective management of human resources in public agencies, businesses, and non-profit organizations. It integrates knowledge from sociology, human resources, business, and psychology.
- Agricultural Business (B.S.)
- Business Economics (B.A./B.S.)
- Consumer Affairs (B.S.) - Consumer Services Management Specialization
- Consumer Affairs (B.S.) - Family Financial Management Specialization
- Economics (B.A./B.S.)
- Economics (B.S.) - Agricultural Economics Specialization
- Entrepreneurial Studies (B.A./B.S.)
- Hospitality Management (B.S.)
- Leadership & Management of Nonprofit Organizations (B.S.)
- Psychology (B.A./B.S.)
- Sociology (B.A./B.S.)
- Sport & Recreation Management (B.S.)
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.