- Brookings Main Campus
Conduct credible policy analysis, learn to make sustainable decisions, and deliver visionary ideas for future success.
Environmental issues and conflicts are among the most important concerns of the 21st century. The graduate certificate in Environmental Policy is a 12-credit certificate that provides knowledge and practical experience for you to have an advanced experience with environmental economics, environmental laws, and environmental risks and management. Be well prepared to advance in your career path in identifying issues relating to resource and environmental policy, oversight, and corporate or nonprofit management associated with Environment, Social, Governance (ESG) goals. The certificate will benefit a variety of professional positions in agriculture, food, energy, government, military, policy making, environmental non-government organizations (NGOs), and nonprofit organizations. Complete the graduate certificate as a stand-alone credential or stacked into the Professional Science (M.S.) or Economics (M.S.).
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Want to develop solutions for challenges
- Are curious about local, national, and global economic and environmental issues
- Are determined, analytical, and creative
- Enjoy business, agriculture, and environmental policy analysis
- Enjoy working with others to resolve ecological questions and environmental issues
- Environmental Planner
- Public Policy Analyst
- Environmental Specialist
- Environmental Policy Analyst
- Policy Manager
- Project Manager