Agricultural Business blends general business training with specialized coursework in the agricultural industry and agricultural marketing to prepare students for careers in 21st century agribusiness. Coursework focuses on the following agriculture topics: management, marketing, finance and policy. Agricultural Business majors tend to work for agricultural lenders, local cooperatives, implement companies, etc. in roles like commodity merchandiser and farm management specialist.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy both business and agriculture
- Involved in 4-H, FFA or other agriculture-related activities
- Interested in agriculture, food or natural resource industries
- Want a variety of ag-related career options
- Interested in farming, ranching or land
- Financial Services
- Commodity Trading/Marketing
- Agribusiness Manager
- Production Agriculture
- CHS, Inc.
- Dacotah Bank
- Hormel Foods
- Hurley & Associates
- DuPont Pioneer
- Farm Credit Services of America
- Hefty Seed Company
- Prairie Ag Partners
- SD Wheat Growers
- Agricultural Marketing
- Banking and Financial Services (available online through Northern State University)
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Any production ag minor
Suggested Accelerated Programs
Clubs and Organizations
- Economics Club
- National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA)
- Investment Club
- Finance Insurance & Real Estate (FIRE)
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.