Learn how to manage risk.
The Commodity Risk Management minor focuses on the quantitative skills needed to analyze agricultural commodities – hedging techniques, fundamental analysis, technical analysis, price forecasting, risk analysis, and more. The minor will utilize the resources of the First Dakota National Bank e-Trading Lab to train student in all aspects of risk management of agricultural commodities, including but not limited to use of futures and options contracts to manage input and output price risk. Graduates going into any agribusiness anywhere along the food, fiber, and fuel supply chain that is interested n controlling costs and pricing byproducts will benefit from this minor. It is important for agricultural producers and their industry partners to understand prudent risk management.
- Agricultural Business (B.S.)
- Agricultural Education, Communication & Leadership (B.S.) - Communication Specialization
- Agricultural Education, Communication & Leadership (B.S.) - Leadership Specialization
- Agricultural Science (B.S.)
- Agricultural Systems Technology (B.S.)
- Agronomy (B.S.)
- Animal Science (B.S.) - Industry Specialization
- Dairy Production (B.S.)
- Dairy Manufacturing (B.S.)
- Food Science (B.S.)
- Economics (B.A./B.S.)
- Economics (B.S.) - Agricultural Economics Specialization
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.