Accounting, Banking and Financial, Economics Internships
- NEW Internship posting - East River Electric East River Electric is seeking a college student to work with our accounting and finance team on monthly accounting close duties, account analysis, preparation of financial statements and development of cost-tracking schedules and tools. This summer internship offers hours Monday through Friday during normal business hours with the flexibility to work remotely for a portion of the assignment. The successful candidate will be able to work independently with little supervision and collaborate with others when necessary.
- NEW Internship posting - Office of the Comptroller of the Currency(OCC) | The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is seeking a Financial Intern who has an interest in pursuing a career in the banking field. The OCC supervises the integrity of our national banks and thrifts, including the majority of the largest banks in the United States. Our culture strives to promote creative and innovative contributions by people in all positions and values and encourages diversity. The opportunity is for students with expected graduation dates in the Fall of 2023 and Spring of 2024. Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, college transcripts (unofficial is acceptable), and veteran preference eligibility documents via the Handshake/Campus Career Platform or you may e-mail your documents to Michael Dane, Lead Recruiter by March 6, 2023.
- NEW Internship posting - REU | NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Site in Promoting Leadership in Advanced-Research Computing for Interdisciplinary Sectors (PLAINS) for summer 2023 to any interested students or other contacts you may have. We are actively recruiting talented students who have completed one to two years of college and who are majoring in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computational sciences, biological sciences, technology, or a related discipline.
- NEW Internship posting - NSME | The NSME seeks an undergraduate student with solid analytical and communication skills to assist with applied research into various aspects of agricultural and financial markets. The student will gather and enter data, prepare tables and charts, conduct literature searches, monitor selected markets, and help prepare written materials and presentations. The topics are emerging and every day will be different. The pay is $12-15 per hour, depending on qualifications. Expectation is 5-15 hours per week. Duration is at-least through spring semester. Qualifications: current NSME student, completed AGEC 354 or FIN 310, working knowledge of Excel. For more information contact Professor Diersen, email@example.com.
Internship posting - First Premier Bank | First Premier Bank has a variety of internships open. With a paid internship at First PREMIER Bank and PREMIER Bankcard, you’ll be learning from one of the nation’s strongest financial organizations. PREMIER’s robust internship program is designed to give students hands-on experience in a variety of areas in the financial industry. PREMIER Interns work on real projects, serve our customers, and solve problems. Our goal is to provide PREMIER interns with experiences that will benefit them in their future careers. Build your resume, make important professional connections, and have a fun while you learn from the 13th largest ACH originating bank and the 9th largest issuer of Mastercard credit cards.
- Internship posting - Dacotah Grown Banking Internship | Dacotah Grown Banking Internship is a 10-week long internship program that runs end of May to the first part of August located here in Aberdeen. The internship program is designed to provide students a well-rounded opportunity that exposes them to the financial industry and Dacotah Bank as a company. Interns are able to spend a month shadowing all of the department that make up the structure of our bank and are provided an opportunity to spend 1:1 time with the department(s) that they might be most interested in. Throughout the summer interns are given the opportunities to travel to other market locations in our Dacotah Territory, networking events and opportunities, and hands-on projects from any departments. For many years, our summer internship program has helped young professionals connect what they are learning in the classroom to a real-life career opportunity for the future. Our intern retention rate for interns who have later come to work for us is nearly 60%.
- Internship posting - FDIC Financial Management Scholars Program | The FDIC's Financial Management Scholars Program is a paid summer internship program for college students majoring in economics, business administration, finance, accounting or a related field (including mathematics and statistics). The program is available to students nationwide.
- Internship posting - FDIC Financial Management Scholars Program | Financial Management Scholars offers a Summer Internship in 2023 for Risk Management. This internship is open to students who graduate from December 2023 to December 2024 with an overall GPA of 3.25. This position is located in the Division of Risk Management and Supervision. Students will work alongside experienced bank examiners and will learn how to review the financial condition of banks. Locations include Omaha and Sioux Falls. Students will be paid $20 per hour and will receive a $2,500 stipend at the start of the summer. The application is currently open and will close on November 10th.
- Internship posting - FDIC Financial Management Scholars Program | Financial Management Scholars is offering a Summer Internship in 2023 focused on Compliance. This internship is open to students who graduate from December 2023 to December 2024 with an overall GPA of 3.25. This position is located in the Division of Consumer Protection. Students will work alongside experienced bank examiners and will learn how to assess bank’s compliance with consumer protection laws. Locations are open nationally with local locations including Des Moines and Fargo. Students will be paid $20 per hour and will receive a $2,500 stipend at the start of the summer. The application is currently open and will close on November 10.
- Internship posting - Riverview has an internship program in a variety of areas including accounting and finance available at our headquarters in Morris, Minnesota. Our paid internships will run from May 22 - July 28, 2023. The program is very hands-on and gives students experiences that are project-based working with different teams of employees. We bring the entire group of 10+ interns together throughout the summer for networking, field trips and labs. Interns also have weekly check-ins to make sure goals and expectations are being met. The application deadline is October 31, 2022.
- Internship posting - Junior Analyst Applications for internships are also being accepted (graduating in Winter 2023 or Spring 2024). These positions are posted at https://www.newyorkfed.org/careers/student-programs-and-internships. Candidates should apply by November 1.
- Internship posting - Research Analysts the New York Fed’s Research and Statistics Group is looking for a Research Analyst position and talented juniors (graduating Winter 2023 or Spring 2024) to our Summer Analyst positions. Applications for Research Analyst positions (starting in Summer 2023) are being accepted now. Candidates should apply by October 15 and are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Internship posting - Research Analyst on the Corporate Finance and Investment Baking group here at Chevron Renewable Fuels in Ames Iowa. The purpose of this position is to assist in the analysis of the existing business units as well as the evaluation of potential business development opportunities such as mergers and acquisitions, investments, and joint ventures. Job requirements include; Be available for daily work and overtime as required, Communicating effectively with customers and co-workers (oral and written), Demonstrate attention to detail, Ability to use office equipment (computer, copy/fax machine, telephone, postage meter, etc), Organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting deadlines, Strong analytical, research, writing and communication skills, Work independently or with others as a team to complete assigned projects, and Provide suggestions to offer alternative perspectives to situations.
- Internship posting - Black Kanyon | Executive Assistant includes providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf, performing minor accounting duties related to the investment portfolio such as tracking investor capital accounts and ensuring all capital calls and distributions are received and distributed in a timely, efficient manner, answering phone calls and communicating with investors and other strategic partners in a polite and professional manner, preparing reports and presentations to assist the Chief Investment Officer in pitching investment opportunities to investors and many other tasks.
Internship posting - Department of Labor and Regulation | Seeking a Financial Institution Examiner located in Sioux Falls, SD or Pierre, SD agency: labor & regulation. Offering 2 summer positions that will go from May 2023 to August 2023 and have a minimum salary of $22.61 an hour. Applicant must be a current part-time or full-time student with a minimum of 6 credit hours in upcoming semester. Interns will work directly with an experienced team of trust and bank examiners to evaluate bank and trust company operations, business planning, risk management strategies, and compliance. Will be a member of a team that is responsible for assessing financial institutions to determine whether they are following safe and sound banking / trust company practices, maintaining effective controls and procedures, managing their institutions effectively, and complying with all applicable banking / trust company laws and regulations. Qualifications include must be enrolled as a part time/full-time student at a college, university, or technical institute at the time they apply. All students are encouraged to apply, but preference may be given to applicants with a standing of junior/senior, South Dakota residents, and students of South Dakota institutions. Students should have a cumulative (overall) GPA of at least 3.0 and be majoring in one of the following fields: accounting, banking, business, economics, or finance. Overnight travel may be required. Application Due January 24, 2023.
Internship posting - Universal Banking Internship | First Bank & Trust is offering a Universal Banking Internship for Spring or Summer. This is a semester long internship at the Brookings Main location where you will learn first-hand what careers in community banking involve and will engage in a rotation through core departments including Retail Banking, Consumer Lending, Business, Ag, Mortgage Lending and more. The rotations entail shadowing and learning from the best in Brookings. This is a great opportunity to connect what you are learning in the classroom to the real banking world within the Brookings community.
NEW Internship Posting - USDA Livestock Insurance |Ranchers Insurance is looking for individuals with agriculture backgrounds who want to work with livestock producers. We are hiring up to five students to conduct market research on potential expansion areas this summer. The job provides a base salary plus significant incentives. This is a great opportunity for self-motivated, independent individuals with strong communication skills. For the right candidate, this could lead to future full-time employment.
NEW Internship Posting - U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry | This internship takes place in Washington, D.C, and runs throughout the fall, spring, or summer semesters for college students. The hours are flexible to accommodate students' course schedules, but generally run 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. when the Senate is in session, and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. when not in session. Interns’ responsibilities will vary. They may be asked to answer phones, run errands, research legislation for the legislative staff, and attend hearings and briefings. As a result, interns learn about the legislative process and the many other functions of a Senate committee. For summer internships, the deadline is Friday, March 17, 2023.
NEW Internship Posting - House Committee on Agriculture | The Committee on Agriculture offers a limited number of internships to undergraduate and graduate students. Interns will have a unique opportunity to be involved in the operations of a congressional committee and the legislative process. The Committee on Agriculture was created on May 3, 1820, and oversees subjects relating to agriculture, forestry, nutrition and finance. The committee is made up of six subcommittees, which are responsible for addressing specific legislative priorities within their scope. Typical internships are offered from September through December, January through May, and throughout the summer. Interns are responsible for their own housing, but the committee’s intern coordinator can make housing suggestions.
NEW Internship Posting - Miller Miling | Miller Milling is looking for a Grain & Supply Chain intern again for this upcoming year. Come help us make the good stuff. Because without good people to back it up, our flour is just flour. We’re always looking for dedicated people, and we offer some of the best benefits in the industry — because our team deserves nothing less.Internship Posting - Smithfield Foods | The Smithfield Foods internship program offers students a paid opportunity to work in an environment that fosters real-life experiences, explores career options, and applies your education. You will become a part of key management meetings and participate in meaningful projects. Our goal is to provide a working environment that not only encourages creativity, but offers equality, diversity, mutual respect and productivity. Our summer internships are typically 10 weeks. Our Summer Internship roles will be based in various locations across the country and offer potential travel opportunities.
- Internship Posting - Hurley & Associates Internship | The Farm Marketing Consultant provides top notch, disciplined, and comprehensive marketing and risk management services to area producers to enable clients to realize economic stability and profitability. Hurley & Associates, Inc. will have (4) Farm Marketing Consultant - Summer Internship opportunities at our Brookings, South Dakota office in the summer of 2023.
- Internship Posting - Titan Machinery Sales Internship | Mentorship, training and project-based learning are the framework of Titan Machinery’s internship programs. Located at the dealership level, selected Business of Sales interns will be exposed to all areas of sales and how sales solutions meet our customers’ needs. Moving throughout our dealerships, interns will become a valued member of our team and have the opportunity to guide their experience to assist in personal and professional growth. This internship will focus on equipment sales, parts sales, service sales, technology sales/support, management and more!
- Internship Posting - Titan Machinery Central Operations Internship | Supporting our construction and farm equipment dealerships are the individuals housed at our Shared Resource Center (SRC). Located in West Fargo, ND, our SRC is home to departments such as: Human Resources, Marketing, Operations, Training, Internal Audit, Accounting, Payroll/Commissions, Recruiting and more! We are continually seeking talented and driven individuals to join these valuable teams in their efforts to provide best-in-class customer solutions.
- Internship Posting - The Legend Seeds Sales Internship | This internship is designed to provide comprehensive experience in the seed industry. The intern will be a part of the Legend sales and agronomy teams during the busy months of summer and learn how to implement knowledge gained in the classroom and apply it in real-world applications. The intern will support sales staff with dealer and grower direct account management to HOLD, GROW and ACQUIRE sales. Assist agronomist with plot management and represent Legend’s culture as he/she promotes Legend’s brand as Your Regional Seed Leader. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in plot management, sales calls, farm shows, dealer meetings, plot days, prospecting and other exciting staff events.
Internship Posting - The Farm Service Agency (FSA) is hiring paid intern positions throughout the state of Minnesota, including two in Marshall and one in Worthington! Open to current college students, Focus on agriculture lending. May be converted to fulltime, permanent position upon graduation if intern has completed 640 hours of internship over two years. Applications Due Oct. 31, 2022.
Internship Posting - Agri-Pulse Communications is looking for an intern who is passionate about reporting on farm, food and rural policy issues and serving our growing audience. This temporary paid internship will be based in Washington, D.C. One position is open for the summer of 2023. Start and end dates are flexible, but preferably mid-May through mid-August. Deadline Nov. 18, 2022.
Internship Posting - Farm Credit Services of America offers a wide variety of summer internships that help us become agriculture's most valued financial partner by providing sound credit and financial tools to farmers, ranchers, rural residents, and agribusinesses. Participate in hands-on projects and enrichment programs that include networking opportunities, professional development programs, and community service activities! Farm Credit has 49 locations and over 1800 teammates across Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Kansas you will gain exposure to the customers, teammates, and technologies that serve Agriculture and help feed the world. Internships include; Business Technology, Credit/Lending, Strategy/Data Analytics and Business Development/Operations. Internship Dates are May 17 - August 10, 2023
Internship Posting - South Dakota John Deere C&B Equipment is an industry-leading John Deere dealer that has continued to grow for over 30 years. If you are enrolled in a two-year or four-year agriculture degree program, we have Sales Internships available to apply what you have learned in school to real-world experience with C&B Operations. Students will have the ability to work side-by-side with Sales Representatives serving our customers and gaining experience you will not soon forget. Individuals will develop comprehensive knowledge in relationship development, selling skills, John Deere product knowledge, precision agriculture, inventory management and so much more.
Internship Posting - Associated Milk Producers HR/Finance Intern AMPI owns eight Midwest-based manufacturing plants where 10 percent of the nation’s American-type cheese, processed cheese and butter is produced. The intern will work in a variety of areas and help assist with everything from recruiting and interviewing to OSHA compliance programs.
Marketing and Sales Internships
- NEW Internship Posting - Click Rain | An internship under Click Rain, the Quench team is in a supportive environment where you can dive into professional opportunities as you collaborate on our new intern-led community project(s). Find a spot on the team that aligns with your skillset while discovering new strengths. Applications close Feb 10, 2023.
- NEW Internship Posting - First PREMIER | Applicants should be enrolled in or pursuing higher education. This internship will work closely with HR staff to experience different roles, answer employee question and/or research possible resolutions. They will assist with specific projects and initiates as assigned. Overall, they will help contribute to department-wide efforts to support PREMIER and its employees.
- NEW Internship Posting - Capital Services | Summer internship opportunity being offered at CAPITAL Services! We are currently looking for our first Learning and Development Intern. This intern will assist in creating and designing autonomous learning modules for training purposes for our new employees. We are looking for someone going for Business, Communications, any type of Creative/Technical Writing based degree, as well as technology!
- NEW Internship Posting - The Murray County Medical Center Foundation | Murray County Medical Center Foundation is hiring a marketing and public relations intern for a three-month (flexible duration) paid summer internship in Slayton, MN. I’ve attached a full job description and flyer that can be shared with students who may be interested. Preferred applicants are pursuing a degree in public relations, business administration, business management, marketing, communication, hospitality management, or similar. More information about the MCMC Foundation can be found at:
- Internship Posting - Brookings Area United Way | BAUW is seeking a summer marketing intern. The intern will assist in coordination of internally run programs such as Dolly Parton Imagination Library, SingleCare Prescription Discount Program and Delta Dental Mobile Program. This includes all forms of communication such as: website, social media, newsletter. Increase awareness of programs. Represent Brookings Area United Way at various summer fairs and events, including but not limited to: Brookings Downtown Crazy Days, and the Farmer’s Market, which would include weekend hours. This would involve coordination with United Way Funded Partners, booth planning, and day-of duties.Develop marketing materials and articles for new nonprofit building that is being built. Assist in maintaining the Born Learning Trail (early learning sidewalk drawings & activities). This will include time outside, working with volunteers, and engaging with the public. Create marketing materials for public to increase awareness
- Internship Posting - Her Turn | Her Turn is a non-profit created by two SDSU women's basketball players in order to create more equitable opportunities for female athletes in the Brookings community. They are searching for a volunteer to run their social media.
- Internship Posting - Wurth Electronics Inside Sales | Work cooperatively with the distribution partners to process orders, move in/out order line items, create new customers, and meet or exceed monthly sales goals. Act as the primary contact for distributor inquiries.
- Internship Posting - Larson Inside Sales Internship | As the Sales Intern, you will receive robust training in our products and sales process to work with inside and outside sales managers on active sales projects.
- Internship Posting - Black River | Black River Holdings has identified the need for in-house project management. With the high rate of growth in the value-add market, capital projects will continue to need oversight. A team member focused on accuracy, organization, timeliness, and profit will ensure the highest returns for our investors. They are looking for a project manager who is organized and can manage and act as general contractor for capital expenditure projects (CapEx) for Black River. Work with Operations & acquisitions team in determining budget, timelines, scope of work, and project needs. Coordinate all phases of CapEx projects, ensuring work is performed on time and within budget, proactively identifying and addressing potential delays. Perform due diligence on all new acquisitions, along with many other tasks.
- Internship Posting - Marketing Wurth Elektronik Watertown |This applicant will have an interest in marketing, advertising, and/or other business-related fields. The overall objective will be to provide assistance to the Marketing Department by researching, planning and submitting proposal, data entry, and other tasks. Responsibilities include gathering and preparing materials for preparation for customer events, providing staff support to committees or other departments, as assigned, maintaining and updating inventory, mailing, and database systems, reviewing files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests, and operating office machines.
- Internship Posting - State of South Dakota | The Marketing Intern will assist with projects related to marketing the activities of South Dakota Public Broadcasting including event planning and execution, social media administration and promotion, materials collection, data input and management, and article research and writing. Marketing is responsible for the promotion of programming on SDPB Television and Radio statewide networks, creating and sharing content on our digital and social media channels, and supporting the activities of the SDPB Education department, as well as SDPB Development’s membership acquisition and advocacy group, the Friends of SDPB.
- Internship Posting - Daktronics Sales Intern | Not only will you obtain hands-on professional experience as you travel the country, you’ll also receive a competitive wage as you explore our industry-leading products and interact with our talented team. August 2023 term, has opened on the job board and are accepting applications.
Jobs - Full-time and Part-time
Accounting, Banking and Financial, Economics and Insurance Opportunities
- NEW Internship Posting - South Dakota State University |SDSU has a wide range of openings. There are a number of full-time positions related to accounting, budgets, and finance as well as human resources.
NEW Job Posting - Sibley State Bank | Sibley State Bank is looking to fill an Ag Lender Position at the bank. Supports senior management and works independently to ensure the smooth operations of the loan and deposit department and the bank in general, to accomplish bank goals. Employees will analyze & prepare loan applications for loan committee. Develop and maintain relationships. Provide services, analysis, and consultation on an ongoing basis. Do farm visits, appraisal, inspections for ag customers as needed. Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships, and much more. Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Business, Ag or related field, 1-5 years direct experience in agriculture lending, Strong Ag background.
Job Posting - South Dakota Trust Company | South Dakota Trust Company has a great opportunity for an Assistant Trust Officer in the Sioux Falls office. This position will assist the Trust Officer with day to day management of the trust accounts by performing the tasks associated with opening new accounts, working with attorneys, financial advisors and clients, calculating distributions, managing information on a trust accounting system, running annual reports and facilitating correspondence.
- Job Posting - Legislative Budged Office | The Legislative Budget Office (LBO) is growing and seeking candidates to fill multiple budget analyst I positions. The budget analyst I is a full-time benefit-eligible position. Budget analysts at the LBO enjoy rewarding work supporting the Minnesota Legislature by providing timely and accurate information on the fiscal effects of proposed legislation.
- Job Posting - CenBank | CenBank is looking for a Junior Loan Officer. The primary focus of this position is to develop strong client relationships by originating, processing, and servicing consumer, commercial, agricultural, and real estate loans according to the CenBank loan policy.
- Job Posting - Einspahr Auto Plaza | Einspahr Auto Plaza is currently looking for a full-time Accounting Clerk to join our team. The main function of the Accounting Clerk is to assist the Office Manager/Comptroller in the day-to-day accounting requirements of the dealership. The Accounting Clerk will also work with all departments of the dealership.
- Job Posting - Accounting at Millborn Seeds | There is an opening in accounting at Millborn Seeds! Currently, they are looking for a teammate to be responsible for daily accounting activities. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, and able to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Job Posting - First Dakota Bank | First Dakota Bank is looking for individuals committed to serving our customers with excellence. They have full-time and part-time opportunities open across South Dakota.
- Job Posting - First Bank and Trust | First Bank and Trust is looking to fill a variety of roles across the midwest. These include both part-time and full-time opportunities. From retail banking to business banking and agri-business banking, there are a variety of openings.
- Job Posting - FDIC | Financial Institution Specialist is offering a Full Time Risk Management Position. This full time position is open to students who graduate by June 30, 2023. To apply students will need an overall GPA of 2.95 or higher. Positions are open in Sioux Falls locally as well as other locations throughout the United States. Starting salary of at least $58,000. The application is currently open and closes on February 16. Financial Institution Specialist (Risk Management) work in a team setting analyzing the financial condition of banks.
- Job Posting - FDIC | Financial Institution Specialist – Full Time Position (Compliance)
This is a full time position which is open to people who graduate by December 31, 2023. To apply students will need an overall GPA of 2.95. Positions are open in Sioux City, Fargo, Omaha, and Des Moines locally as well as other locations throughout the United States. Starting salary of at least $58,000. The application is currently open and will close on February 16th. Financial Institution Specialist (Compliance) analyze bank’s compliance with consumer protection laws in a team setting.
NEW Job Posting - USDA Livestock Insurance |Ranchers Insurance is looking for individuals with agriculture backgrounds who want to work with livestock producers. We will be interviewing for openings for students who have recently graduated or will graduate this spring. This position is ideal for those interested in working with livestock producers in rural America. We provide base salaries with incentives that result in compensation well above market averages.
- Job Postings - Hefty Seed Company | Hefty Seed Company is a progressive, rapidly growing agriculture retailer that is hiring multiple positions. From internships to operations and sales, these would be a great fit for ag business students. Check out the many opportunities on the Hefty Seed website.
- Job Posting - CHS | CHS has a variety of ag related positions to fill! They conduct most of our business in rural America, and have career opportunities across our three core businesses: energy, agronomy or global grain & processing. The common thread is helping farmers.
- Job Posting - King Insurance Agency, Inc. | King Insurance Agency is looking for a full-time insurance sales agent. No experience in insurance is necessary, but a capacity to learn and the drive to do well is certainly a must. He is also hiring an in-office employee that would focus on Quoting insurance, making changes, etc. The position would not require the selling of insurance, it would be more computer work than anything.
Job Posting - FuturesOne is looking for a Regional Sales Representative to sell our Risk Management and Brokerage services across the Midwest. Tasks will include; Expand your knowledge of the commodity markets, with an emphasis on corn, soybeans, wheat, cattle, and hogs. Analyze key economic fundamental information, as well as study commodity charts and technical market indicators, Contact farmers to inform them about FuturesOne and discuss how you can help them manage their farms risk and better market their farms production, Schedule meetings with prospects for yourself to further educate farmers and livestock producers of FuturesOne's services., Conduct direct sales and sign prospects up on meetings to gain them as a customer, Gather information about the farmers production, break-evens, and discuss a marketing plan that fits their specific needs and comfort level. The position is virtual with multiple locations throughout the midwest and employees will work 40 hours a week. Visit: https://futuresone.com/ to learn more.
Job Posting - FuturesOne is looking for a for a Risk Management Consultant / Futures Broker. You will become an expert on the Commodity markets, with an emphasis on corn, soybeans, wheat, cattle, and hogs. Analyze key economical fundamental information, as well as study commodity charts and technical market indicators, Contact farmers to inform them about FuturesOne and discuss how you can help them manage their farms risk and market their production, Schedule meetings with prospects for yourself and our district sales managers to further educate farmers and livestock producers of our services, Sign prospects up on meetings to gain them as your client, Gather information about the farmers production, break-evens, and develop a marketing plan, Work one-on-one with each individual client to discuss current commodity market information, give market recommendations, execute trades on the futures market, and make cash sales to end users on their behalf, Be a hired hand for each individual producer for the marketing side of their farm business. Locations include Kearney, Nebraska; Lincoln, Nebraska; Springfield, Illinois. Visit: Futuresone website to learn more.
- Daktronics has a variety of openings that would be a great fit for Ness School Students. Currently, they are looking for:
- Training Coordination Student who will coordinate training activities for all markets at Daktronics, monitor and process webinar registrations, cancellations, and distribute webinar recordings. Get the full description on their website.
Business Operations Student that is cool under pressure, shift gears comfortably, and concentrate on multiple things at once. This person will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a great problem solver. The details can be found on the Daktronics website.
Human Resource Opportunities
- Job Posting - Human Resources with SDSU | SDSU is looking for an HR Generalist II. If you are committed to quality customer service and are continually looking for new people-centered ways to get things accomplished, then this position could be for you! This position will support SDSU’s central human resources office in the areas of Civil Service Classification, Compensation, and Recruitment. SDSU Human Resources provides comprehensive and collaborative leadership and services to proactively support the needs of our stakeholders through professional, timely, customer-oriented processes.
- Job Posting - Human Resources Coordinator with SDSU | We are looking for a creative and innovative professional to provide leadership and coordination of the development and delivery as well as the continuous improvement of human resources operational activities to provide excellent service to administrators, faculty and staff. This is a 12-month, 100% time, benefit eligible position. This position is supervised by the Human Resources Director.
Job Posting - Human Resources Assistant Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital | Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital is seeking Human Resources Assistant! Students graduating Spring 2023, are welcomed to apply! For an upcoming Spring 2023 graduate, there is the opportunity for a part-time schedule prior to graduating. The position would become full-time upon graduation. If there are any questions, please contact Karina at 605-444-8219 or email
Marketing and Sales Opportunities
- Job Posting - Sales with River Bluff Custom Homes | River Bluff Custom Homes is looking for a career oriented individual to assist our clients and help them make smart and informed decisions regarding their new home purchase. This roles will build relationships and create trust with clients. To apply, email your resume to Jerry at River Bluff
- Job Posting - HME Management Services | HME Management Services is looking for a Marketing Account Manager. Ideal candidates for this role should be a self-starter who is outgoing, creative, flexible, multimedia savvy, well-organized, and must be excellent communicator and writer. Ultimately, the account manager should have a firm grasp of marketing strategies, have an understanding of marketing collateral, and be willing to re-prioritize workflow and dig into the details while checking off items in a timely fashion.
- NEW Scholarship - Agriculture Scholarship Centre for Basis Trading Education, Inc. | Agriculture Scholarship Centre for Basis Trading Education, Inc., is now accepting scholarship applications for the 2023-2024 Academic Year from high school graduates, current high school seniors, or current undergraduate or graduate students committed to pursuing a career in the grain industry in any of the following fields:
• grain merchandising
• agricultural business
• agricultural economics
• grain production (farming)
• grain elevator operations
• grain brokerage
• grain accounting
• agriculture-based lending
The application deadline is March 17, 2023, for the 2023-2024 academic year. The application can found on their website
- NEW Scholarship - POET | POET Never Satisfied Scholarships are open to students enrolled in any two- or four-year post-secondary school, regardless of major or GPA. Never Satisfied Scholars receive up to $5,000 each, and will have the opportunity to receive a hands-on networking and learning experience with the POET team. The application deadline is February 13, 2023 and can be found on their website.
NEW Scholarship - Dacotah Bank |Dacotah Bank SDBA Member Bank Scholarship is now open for applications! To be eligible for the Dacotah Bank SDBA Scholarship you must meet the following criteria: South Dakota college sophomore, junior, senior or grad student or second year SD tech college student seeking employment in banking/financial services organization. Students pursuing areas such as finance, business, IT , HR, marketing, etc. as long as their intent is to pursue a career in banking industry. And we will be giving away 4 $1,000 scholarships to students. Deadline is March 31, 2023.
- Scholarship - Farm Credit Services of America Scholarship | Farm Credit Services is offering an annual $2,500 scholarship to students pursuing degree fields that help support agriculture, including agriculture, business, finance, and technology. Eligible students must be current freshman, sophomore, or junior and must possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. The application can found on their website. Scholarship - Farm Credit Services of America Scholarship | Farm Credit Services is offering an annual $2,500 scholarship to students pursuing degree fields that help support agriculture, including agriculture, business, finance, and technology. Eligible students must be current freshman, sophomore or junior and must possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.The application can found on their website
- Scholarship - The SD Bankers Foundation | The SD Bankers Foundation is again offering five scholarships to students attending a South Dakota college. These include one $4,000 scholarship, three $3,000 scholarships and one $1,500 scholarship that are available to college juniors (seniors beginning fall 2023) who have expressed an interest in a career in banking or finance. This may include business, finance, IT, cybersecurity, HR, marketing, etc., so long as the expressed interest is in the banking or finance industry. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 31, 2023. Notification of award status will be made by April 30, 2023, and if chosen, the scholarship award will be paid directly to the student’s university.
Scholarship - The NEW Cooperative Foundation | The NEW Cooperative Foundation is pleased to establish the Bob Wallentine Memorial Scholarship, awarding one $4,000 scholarship to a full-time student pursuing an Agricultural Business degree. Wallentine served as General Manager of NEW Cooperative from its inception in 1973 until his retirement in 1996. He was inducted into the Iowa Cooperative Hall of Fame in 2006. Recipients will be selected according to their outstanding leadership potential and interest in pursuing a future career in agriculture. Applicant shall be a full-time undergraduate student pursuing an Agricultural Business degree that has been accepted into a four-year university. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 10, 2023. This opportunity is open to high school seniors OR college freshman, sophomores or juniors. They or their parents must be members of NEW Cooperative.