- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORASP) - Proposal Development Resources (internal to SDSU)
- Office of Grants and Contracts - Budget Development (internal to SDSU)
Additional links below provide access to a variety of guides, manuals and samples that will help you develop targeted, compelling grant proposals.
General Grant Writing
- The Art of Grantsmanship by Jacob Kraicer
- The Grant Proposal, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Grant Writing for Engineers
- Handbook for Proposal Writers and Project Directors, Eastern Michigan University
National Science Foundation
- The revised NSF Grant Proposal Guide (GPG) went into effect on January 30, 2017. It provides guidance for the preparation and submission of proposals to NSF.
- A Guide for Proposal Writing, NSF Division of Undergraduate Education
- Twelve Steps to a Winning Research Proposal by George Hazelrigg, NSF program officer
National Institutes of Health
- All About Grants Tutorials, NIH research project grant
- NIH Grant Writing Tips Sheets
- NIH Grant Review Process Videos
- When preparing your NIH proposal, be sure to study the guidelines in the SF 424 Application Guide.
- Check out this one-page guide on how to address rigor and reproducibility in your NIH application. It is also available as a PDF in the document library to the right.
- The Foundation Center Proposal Writing Short Course, also available as an audiobook.
- The Grantsmanship Center
- National Network of Grantmakers: NNG Common Grant Application - This common grant application form is accepted by a number of foundations. It can also be useful in organizing the information needed in a project proposal.
- Budget Development and Guidance, Appalachian State University
- Budget Justifications, Northern Illinois University
- NSF Budget and Budget Justification guidance, NSF