Come learn about careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics!
The Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering at South Dakota State University conducts camps and workshops throughout the year to provide interested K-12 students a means to explore how their interests can translate into a college major—and subsequently a challenging and financially rewarding career. These camps, competitions and activities:
- Provide an affordable and effective way for young minds to explore the possibilities of a career in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Emphasize hands-on activities and the experience of student life at a top science and engineering campus.
- Introduce students to numerous scholarship opportunities at SDSU.
- Give students a chance to meet and work with college students, faculty and professionals.
Camp Information and Registration
- Data Analytics Camp
- Growing in Engineering, Mathematics and Science
- Jackrabbit BEST Robotics
- Program Design Competition
- Ready, SET-Go!
- Youth Engineering and Technology Career Exploration
- STEM Partnership
- National Summer Transportation Institute
Our STEM youth camps and activities are made possible by our STEM Partners who provide financial support and employee volunteers. Through this partnership we (1) inform and excite young people about STEM careers, (2) inform high school teachers, parents and students about high school preparation for a STEM college degree and (3) better meet the current and future STEM workforce needs of our regional employers.
Premier Level - $15,000 and up
Diamond Level - $10,000 to 14,999