Using OSHA On-Site Consultation Services
- Limit or reduce the burden of worker's compensation and liability insurance programs
- Improve worker productivity
- Avoid potential expensive OSHA citations and penalties
Consultation Visit Process
- Employer requests services from On-Site Consultation Program
- Contact made with employer to schedule date and time for visit
- Visit consists of opening conference, health and safety program review and walk-through of facility. Closing conference summarizes findings and corrective actions
- If requested, industrial hygiene monitoring will be performed during visit
- All serious hazards must be corrected by the agreed upon due date
- Visit findings are confidential
- Employer determines the scope and extent of the visit
- Comprehensive report with findings and recommendations sent to the customer
Consultative services are free to South Dakota businesses with one or more employees. Services are not provided to municipal, county, state or Federal organizations
On-site Consultation services are funded through OSHA and the state of South Dakota. Funds are administered through South Dakota State University.
On-site Consultation staff are experienced safety and industrial hygiene professionals.