1. Sign in to MyState
- If you are signing in for the first time then your username and password is as follows: MyState First Time Login If you’ve never logged in before, your default password is your 7-digit student ID number with a ‘$’ in front of it. ($1234567)
2. Now that you are signed in, click on the ‘Money’ tab shown here. You will then be directed to a page regarding all ‘Money’ topics you may run into at South Dakota State University.
3. Find the ‘Scholarship Application’ posting and click on the Submit link where you will be directed to the continuing student scholarship page.
4. Click on the most relevant application link (the year you are going into) and begin the application.
5. If you leave the application page, it will save so the next time you log on you will see a ‘Continue with Application’ link.
6. Once you are in the application page, it will look something like this. Each bubble is to be completed to 100% in order to be submitted. This is a lengthy process because there are multiple scholarships available that your application will be submitted and reviewed.