Welcome to the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering Research page! Navigate these subpages to learn more about the scholarly activity of Engineering faculty, including their research projects, publications, and awards. College of Engineering faculty conduct research that contributes to our understanding of the physical principles of matter and energy in an effort to improve the quality of life. Research in this college ranges from our basic need for clean water, to satellite image calibration and analysis that enable the study of global change factors that influence our water supply: from structures on the nano-scale that convert sunlight to electricity, to structures on the macro-scale that allow us to build safe bridges. This college also has opportunities for undergraduates, graduate, and postdoctoral researchers.
For visitors, these tabs can lead you to the resources available at SDSU and the most recent JJL College of Engineering Research Review publications, which include more detailed information about specific researchers and projects. For faculty, this section includes proposal development tips and external funding information.
Vision, Mission, Strategies and Goals
Engineering faculty will conduct world-class research that is responsive to the needs of our state and nation.
To grow high-quality and responsive externally funded research by the College of Engineering faculty.
Strategies and Goals
Coordinate focused research that builds on current resources and moves in the direction appropriate for continued growth.
- Identify research priorities and resources
- Interface closely with SDSU VP of Research
- Establish and utilize Engineering Research Council
- Represent the college to external research agencies and labs
- Attend annual ASEE research colloquium
- Identify and build relationships with key personnel at relevant federal funding agencies and research laboratories
- Generate annual report
Support faculty in developing competitive proposals for external funding
- Administer pre-award services
- Process routing forms
- Review proposals
- Develop budgets
- Provide faculty with relevant resources
- Offer grant-writing workshops
- Distribute seed grants
- Maintain informative website
- Recognize exceptional faculty research accomplishments
- Track research performance
- Assist dean in annual selection of Researcher of the Year
- Publicize achievements on website and in annual report