We are happy you are applying for admission to SDSU. We want to make this process as easy as possible.
Steps to Apply
Submit English proficiency through ONE of the following options:
- Official TOEFL iBT (sent from the testing agency): 61*
- Official TOEFL PBT (sent from the testing agency): 500*
- Official Pearson PTE (sent from the testing agency): 44
- Scanned Academic IELTS result with clear TRF: 5.5*
- Online E3PT Exam (sent from the testing agency): 62
- Online iTEP Exam (sent from the testing agency): 3.6
- Duolingo (sent from the testing agency): 90
*Note: TOEFL or Academic IELTS scores must be submitted within two years of examination date.
Institution code for SDSU is 6653 for TOEFL. Certified true copies may be submitted for initial review.
The bank documents must meet the following requirements:
- Bank Statement or Bank Letter with signatures and bank seal or stamp
- Clearly list the type of currency and amount of funds
- Match the name of the signer on the Financial Certification
- Have an issue date within 6 months of the receipt of the application
- Written in English or provided with a certified translation
Please submit a copy of your passport biographical page.
Submit a copy of your I-20 if you are currently in the U.S.
* The 2023-2024 estimated cost of attendance for an average plan of study is $25,322.00, depending on the applicant's age (not including dependents). See the amount required for I-20 issuance.
Submitting Materials and Documents
Please submit your documents to your online application using the self-service portal.
You may also email documents to email@example.com in PDF format.