Jacks Start Abroad provides incoming first-year students the opportunity to begin their Jackrabbit Journey on a global travel adventure with new classmates and SDSU instructors. The programs have been designed to introduce new SDSU students to the university experience, with all of its great opportunities and responsibilities, while exploring new topics related to their major fields of study and gaining international perspectives in the process. Participants will get a taste of what it is like to be a part of the Jackrabbit family while preparing to learn more about their studies and their international potential in the process.
Office of International Affairs is offering 4 academic programs in August 2024 with the broad theme of understanding the history, evolving culture and identity in each country. Each program will include focus on discipline specific areas from the College that supports the program.
Visit the link below for more information regarding our upcoming Jacks Start Abroad programs.
For more information, please contact Sally Gillman, Director of Education Abroad or call 605-688-4122.
After participating in these programs, students are able to:
- Identify global problems and the impact the program will have on their personal and professional goals
- Describe how culture(s), profession and personal experiences frame one's thinking
- Develop personal and professional support networks
- Improve college-readiness skills such as reading, writing and critical thinking
- Engage with global peoples, places and topics related to a culture