Skip to main content
Close MessageOpen Message Emergency Weather Alert

SDSU Brookings Campus Weather Related Announcement

The South Dakota State University campus will be closing from 5 p.m. on Friday, March 31st until 8 a.m. on Saturday, April 1st, due to the Blizzard Warning that will go into effect 7 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. on Saturday morning.  SDSU will then return to the normal weekend schedule on Saturday morning. Only essential employees as deemed by their supervisors will report to work during the closure hours. On Friday morning, ensure you continue to monitor the weather and work with your supervisor or instructor on your individual travel concerns. For additional closure information please check the Emergency Management website

F-2 & J-2 Dependents: Health Insurance Choices

Suggested Health Insurance Companies

The Board of Regents international health insurance policy provided by Avera no longer covers the spouse and children of F-1 and J-1 students and scholars. As a result, we have provided the following list of companies who would be able to provide health insurance to F-2 and J-2 visa holders.

  • Avera Health Plan (not the BOR plan.)
  • The Olson Group
  • Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
    • 605-692-4722
    • 605-692-2078
  • American Family Insurance
    • 605-692-2500
  • State Farm Insurance
    • 605-692-6225

If you have any questions, please stop in and talk to Kirsten Linke or Greg Wymer in Hilton M. Briggs Library, Suite 119.