Hello from SDSU's Office of International Affairs!
As new students begin to consider embarking on their educational journey to South Dakota State University, one can have a tendency to be anxious. Don't worry, we are here to help every step of the way!
From answering your pre-arrival questions to greeting you with a smile at the airport, rest assured, we will be there.
Need a ride from the Airport when you arrive?
Please click on the Link above to access the following sessions.
Expectations for Placement Exam, Class Registration, & Orientation
- December 3rd (8:30 a.m. CDT)
Tips and Tricks for Visa Preparation
- December 8th (8:30 a.m. CDT)
Practice Visa Interviews
- December 14th (8:30 a.m. CT)
As you have questions about your journey to the US, please feel free to contact us! We are always happy to help!
- Step 1: Obtain your Visa!
If you have not obtained your visa, please review our Visa Interview Tips Page.
- Step 2: Make Housing Arrangements
SDSU has traditional residence halls, on-campus apartments and also information about living off-campus. Housing and Residential Life website is a great place to start when you are looking for housing.
- Step 3: It's Time to Make Travel Plans!
What Airport should be your final destination? How are you going to get to campus? Will someone be there to greet me? We have the answers!
1. You can fly into any airport in the US; however, the airport that should be your final destination is: Sioux Falls Regional Airport. The airport code is FSD.
- Step 4: Review our Pre-Arrival Checklist!
There is much to consider as you begin to plan. Please take the time to check out our comprehensive Pre-Arrival Checklist. This will get you thinking about traveling internationally and start to grasp the importance of being prepared.
Whether it is the small nuances of traveling internationally, or the weather... it IS important to plan ahead.