Skip to main content

International Students Transferring Out

International Students Transferring Out

All of us at SDSU are sorry that you are transferring out! We hope to see you on our campus again someday. 

In order to successfully transfer your SEVIS record to another U.S. institution, you must submit the following:

  • Acceptance Letter from your new university
  • Transfer form (if required by your university)

You may email these documents to along with your requested transfer out date. Make sure you list your full name AND SDSU student ID in your request.
Please note: If you are a newly admitted student attempting to transfer without ever having attended classes, SDSU will not process your transfer request until after the program start date listed on your I-20. Please be sure to consult with your next institution to determine if that date is compatible with their admission process. Also, the above information is only for the SEVIS record. Official transcripts and requests to withdraw from the university are processed by Records and Registration.