We are happy you are applying for admission to SDSU. We want to make this process as easy as possible.
- 1. Complete application.
Please complete your application prior to the following dates:
- Fall (August) Application Deadline: June 15
- Spring (January) Application Deadline: November 15
- 2. Submit English Proficiency.
Submit English proficiency through ONE of the following options:
- Official TOEFL iBT (sent from the testing agency): 61*
- Official TOEFL PBT (sent from the testing agency): 500*
- Official Pearson PTE (sent from the testing agency): 44
- Scanned Academic IELTS result with clear TRF: 5.5*
- Online E3PT Exam (sent from the testing agency): 62
- Online iTEP Exam (sent from the testing agency): 3.6
- Duolingo (sent from the testing agency): 90
*Note: TOEFL or Academic IELTS scores must be submitted within two years of examination date.
Institution code for SDSU is 6653 for TOEFL. Certified true copies may be submitted for initial review.
- 3. Submit all academic transcripts, certificates, diplomas (including secondary and post-secondary).
We require original or attested copies of academic records at the time of application.
- 4. Complete and submit the Financial Certification Form.
- 5. Submit Current Bank Documents to support the amount listed on the Financial Certification*.
The bank documents must meet the following requirements:
- Bank Statement or Bank Letter with signatures and bank seal or stamp
- Clearly list the type of currency and amount of funds
- Match the name of the signer on the Financial Certification
- Have an issue date within 6 months of the receipt of the application
- Written in English or provided with a certified translation
- 6. Submit a copy of your passport biographical page.
Please submit a copy of your passport biographical page.
- 7. Submit a copy of your I-20.
Submit a copy of your I-20 if you are currently in the U.S.
* The 2021-2022 estimated cost of attendance for an average plan of study is $24,925, depending on the applicant's age (not including dependents). See the amount required for I-20 issuance.
Submitting Materials and Documents
Please submit your documents to your online application using the self-service portal.
You may also email documents to SDSU.IntlStud@sdstate.edu in PDF format.