SDSU Student Tailgating
SDSU students are encouraged to tailgate before Jackrabbit home football games. Check back soon for updates about exciting additions to student tailgating for the 2019 football season.
A set of social media graphics are linked below that student organizations may use to promote student tailgating throughout the 2019 Jackrabbit football season. Please feel free to use these as much as you want to promote student tailgating to student organization members and the public.
Where is the student tailgating area located?
The student tailgating area is located in the grassy area north and west of the Wellness Center. The student tailgating area is indicated in the map below.
Where can I park?
Students who wish to park vehicles on campus while tailgating should consult the following tailgating parking map for available parking lots. (Map provided by SDSU Athletics.)
What are the rules for tailgating?
There are a few key rules to keep in mind when tailgating in the student tailgate area.
- Tailgating opens five hours prior to kickoff.
- Get a wristband when you consume alcohol. Wristband stations are located throughout the tailgating areas surrounding Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium, and a station is conveniently located on the north side of the student tailgate area along North Campus Drive.
- Only beer and wine are allowed in designated areas when tailgating. Hard liquor is not allowed.
- Glass bottles are not allowed.
- Bulk containers, such as kegs, are not allowed.
Additional rules apply. The above information is offered as a convenient summary of rules that may be relevant to students tailgating in the student tailgate area. Additional information about tailgating policies and procedures is available in the SDSU Policies and Procedures Manual.