Student Organization Funding
The Students' Association allocates funds to SDSU student organizations through several avenues.
Special Allocation Fund
Special Allocations are one-time funds distributed to help cover the costs of special events and programming, not ongoing operational costs of a student organization.
According to the General Activity Fee Budgeting Guidelines set forth by the Students' Association and the University Activity Fee and Budgeting Committee: Special Allocations are not to support ongoing operational costs. This allocation is requested for use when an organization has a substantial budget shortfall and needs money to support a specific, one-time event.
New Venture Fund
New Venture allocations support ongoing operational costs for student organizations not already on the General Budget. Organizations that receive New Venture allocations are added to the General Budget for the following fiscal year.
According to the General Activity Fee Budgeting Guidelines: The purpose of the New Venture Fund is to help new and existing organizations that are not currently receiving General Activity Fee funds request funds outside of the normal budget cycle.
Speaker Fund allocations help defray costs associated with bringing speakers, lectures, presentations, etc. to the SDSU campus for events open to all students. The Speaker Fund is managed by the University Program Council.
The General Budget consists of university entities and facilities (e.g., Student Union, Wellness Center) and student organizations who receive GAF allocations from the Students' Association to fund their yearly operating budgets. The General Budgeting process occurs each spring semester for the following fiscal year. Student organizations that receive a New Venture allocation are added to the General Budget.
All funding applications are subject to review and approval by the SA Finance Chair, SA Finance Committee, and SA Senate. For more information, questions, or a funding application, contact the SA Finance Chair.
Fundraising Opportunities with SDSU Athletics
SDSU Athletics offers several opportunities for student organizations to raise funds throughout the academic year by assisting with various functions surrounding athletic games. Below is information about the types of opportunities available and contact information for setting up these opportunities for your student organization.
Types of Opportunities
Multiple opportunities for fundraising are available throughout the academic year. Use the contact information below to book your student organization's fundraising opportunity with SDSU Athletics.
Post-Event Cleanup Crew
- Disposing of garbage in Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium or Frost Arena after home athletic or non-athletic events.
- Time commitment: Post-event
- People required: About 30 individuals for stadium events and 12 for arena events
- Manage and enforce parking lots, including checking parking passes to ensure vehicles are entering correct lots.
- Time commitment: 5 hours prior to kickoff until the start of the first quarter
- People required: 14 individuals
- Assist fans in finding their seat locations, manage crowds, and be a source of knowledge for general stadium information (ATMs, restrooms, first aid room, mother's room, lost-and-found, etc.).
- Time commitment: 2 hours prior to kickoff until completion of the event
- People required: 20 individuals, or two groups of 10 individuals
Wristband Tent Workers
- Assist UPD in checking IDs for those who want to consume alcohol on football game days by placing wristbands on those over age 21.
- Time commitment: 5 hours prior to kickoff until kickoff
- People required: 12 individuals
- Sell football programs at various gate locations on football game days. Student organizations will earn a portion of the proceeds from programs sold.
- Time commitment: 2 hours prior to kickoff until sold out OR the end of the first quarter
- People required: 12 individuals
How to Sign Up
Student organizations that are able to commit to working an entire athletic season will earn a bonus. These groups will be given priority when signing up for fundraising opportunities.