As a part of its land-grant mission, South Dakota State University (SDSU) strives to serve the state of South Dakota by broadening access and opportunity to the benefits of higher education for all people. Thus, here at the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Accessibility (OMAA), we have a commitment to aid in the assurance that all students have access to academic excellence, have the opportunity to learn and grow in a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment and leave the university with the skills, perspectives and abilities to serve as leaders in their future work, communities and society.
OMAA enhances and complements the University mission by broadening the social, cultural, educational, and recreational experience of students.
What are Our Goals?
- Provide a welcoming environment
- Create a sense of belonging
- Support students in their academic and personal success
- Ensure access to the University's programs, services, and activities for students with documented disabilities
- Implement and promote multicultural and educational programs
- Connect students to relevant resources
What Can You Expect from the OMAA?
- Student success advising services
- Accommodation services for students with identified disabilities
- Student leadership opportunities
- Programming focused on building cultural competencies, enhancing academic success, and developing a sense of belonging
- Study space, conference room, and kitchenette for student use
- Multicultural Resource Library
What Does the OMAA Encompass?
- Office of Disability Services
- Student Success Advisors
- National Student Exchange Program
- Student Organization advising
- SDSU Admissions and Financial Aid Personnel (at various times)