The Wintrode Tutoring Program continues to provides small-group tutoring.
- Schedule your tutoring sessions as you normally would using ConnectState. You can find the days and times of each session on the Study Hub webpage under each subject link. If you need assistance with ConnectState, check out these step-by-step instructions, or email email@example.com.
- Prior to your tutoring session, your tutor will send you a Zoom meeting invitation via email.
- At the start of your scheduled tutoring session, click the link to join the Zoom meeting. Here is a short video about joining a Zoom meeting: Watch Video.
When you need a hand, we're here to help
SDState’s academic programs are meant to be challenging, and that’s why we offer free tutoring to all SDSU students through the Wintrode Tutoring Program—to supplement what you are learning in the classroom.
Tutoring is provided for all students who want to improve their understanding of course material, improve their grades, and increase their self-confidence in relation to course material. In order to do this, peer tutors will help you better understand course content and develop learning strategies.
Tutoring sessions are usually held in small groups of up to four students. Requests for one-on-one tutoring may also be accommodated, depending on tutor availability. To schedule a tutoring appointment, go online to ConnectState. If you need assistance with ConnectState, check out these step-by-step instructions.
No matter what your goal—whether you can’t keep the atomic elements’ abbreviations straight or you want to graduate with a 4.0—the Wintrode Tutoring Program can help. Tutors will teach you strategies that you can use to meet your goals in each and every class. Not only that, but you’ll be able to meet other students going through the same experiences as you.
Courses currently available for tutoring are:
- Accounting 210, 211,
- Biology 101, 103, 151, 153, 202, 204, 221, 325,
- Chemistry 105, 106, 108, 112, 114, 326, 328,
- Economics 201, 202,
- Finance 310,
- Microbiology 231,
- Nursing 323,
- Nutrition 315, and
- Physics 111, 113, 211, 213.
Other courses may be accommodated based on student request and tutor availability. However, if there’s a course you’re enrolled in that you would like some support in, and it’s not listed above, you’re not out of luck. SDSU offers many academic supports for students, in addition to those offered through the Wintrode Tutoring Program.
If you have any questions or concerns, or simply would like more information, don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, check us out on Facebook.
Created in 2005 through a donation from Virgil Wintrode, a SDSU alumnus, the Wintrode Tutoring Program is sponsored by the Wintrode Endowment through the SDSU Foundation.