Improve modern agriculture.
Agricultural Systems Technology is the study of agricultural equipment, facilities, and techniques that allow for efficient production in the agriculture industry. Agricultural Systems Technology offers a diverse preparation for a host of careers with placement rates for recent graduates at near 100%.
The Agricultural Systems Technology program at South Dakota State University provides students with knowledge and the managerial, leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills to be highly successful.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an inquisitive mind and are curious about how things work
- Interested in the agricultural industry
- Enjoy working with computers and technology
- Are a creative problem solver
- Comfortable with math and sciences
- Ag Equipment Manufacturing
- Crop Advisor
- Farm, Business Operations, Sales and Support, or Implement Dealership Manager
- Plant Production Supervisor
- Large Ag Sales Representative
- Ag-Chem Equipment Co.
- Farmers Implement Irrigation
- South Dakota Soybean Processors
- Butler Machinery
- Helena Chemical Company
- Local Cooperatives
- Schuneman Equipment Co.
- Engineering Graphics
- Agricultural Business
- Precision Agriculture
- Agricultural Marketing
Clubs and Organizations
- Ag Systems Technology Club
- Quarter Scale Tractor Team
To learn more specific details about program requirements, view this program in the course catalog.
View the recommended academic plan.
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.