- Brookings Main Campus
Help improve tomorrow's agricultural practices.
The graduate certificate in Precision Agriculture Certificate is a 12-credit certificate that provides knowledge and practical experience for students to have an advanced experience with precision farming and its protocols. Individuals that complete this certificate will be well prepared to advance in their career paths in the modern agricultural industry that utilizes advanced precision technology. Agriculture is experiencing a fast-paced evolution as technology continues to develop. Precision agriculture has emerged with an array of new and exciting – and increasingly high-tech – tools. The integration of computer technology with farm equipment, farm sensors, GPS navigation, satellite imagery and drone imagery are quickly revolutionizing agricultural production. Given the strong interest in advanced agricultural practices utilizing precision techniques, individuals with the type of training provided by this certificate program will be in high demand. Individuals may currently be in or pursuing careers in agronomy, agribusiness organizations, ranch management, geographic information science, geography, Game, Fish and Parks (GFP), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), environmental non-government organizations (NGOs), or sustainability. Complete the graduate certificate as a stand-alone credential or stacked into the Professional Science (M.S.). Even better, it is available online, making it a great option for working professionals wishing to enhance their skills in a critical area.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in Agronomy, Ag Systems Technology, Plant Science, Natural Resource Management, or a related field
- Like working with technology
- Are a problem solver and analytical thinker
- Enjoy working outside and with the latest ag technology
- Like the idea of inventing creative new solutions to real problems
- Precision Ag Consultant
- Precision Technology Sales and Support
- Crop Consultant
- Ecosystem Management/Natural Resource Conservation