Senior Design Capstone Program
Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (ABE) applies the science of engineering to products and processes of the agricultural industry. Senior ABE students participate in a two-semester applied-design project course completed in conjunction with industry sponsors. The program allows students to apply their education and to experience the dynamics of an industry-based project. Through the Capstone Program, the ABE Department aims to produce excellent graduates that are equipped with the knowledge, experience, and applicable skills to handle modern-day challenges in the industry.
- Student teams are matched with a project sponsor
- Development of project charter
- Application of ideation process to form concepts
- Execution of project plan and analysis of concepts
- Production of a physical prototype or mock-up
- Formal project write-up and group presentation
For more information about the Senior Design Capstone Program, please contact Douglas Prairie.
Interested in being a sponsor? Click here for more information.