- Brookings Main Campus
Cutting-edge science to feed and fuel the future.
Bioprocessing technologies are used in a variety of industries ranging from renewable fuels, food and drink products, pharma- and nutraceuticals, and environmental remediation of wastes. The certificate in Bioprocessing Sciences will combine courses from several disciplines to enhance the student’s knowledge of these technologies and provide hands-on experiences with their applications. Students majoring in disciplines related to agriculture, engineering, and other STEM areas are particularly encouraged to work towards a Certificate in Bioprocessing Sciences to enhance their preparation and employability for a career related to bioprocessing.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy solving complex problems
- Like getting hands-on to learn how things work
- Are comfortable with math and sciences
- Like the idea of inventing creative new solutions to real problems
- Processing of food, fuel or pharmaceuticals
- Product development
- Process and quality control
- Plant manager
- Food safety
- Waste remediation