Residential Life provides students with opportunities to grow personally, become globally aware, succeed academically, and realize answers to their questions in a residential campus setting.
By implementing an innovative residential curriculum responsive to students’ interests and needs, South Dakota State University Residential Life will foster engagement in a community of learning, success, inclusion, and safety.
- Excellence in student learning, discovery, and engagement
- Passion for creating an intentional residential experience integral to student success
- Improving the quality of connection students have with each other, the university, and the global community
- Appreciation for individual and collective achievement at all levels across the residential communities
- Curiosity and innovation in applying contemporary approaches to our practice and decisions
- Acceptance and embracement of diverse cultures and perspectives
- Civility, integrity, and trustworthiness
- Transparency in decision-making and information-sharing
- Fiscal and programmatic accountability
- Economic and environmental sustainability
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students who engage in the University Housing and Residential Life community will practice and apply interpersonal problem solving skills in a safe, supportive environment.
- Students who engage in the University Housing and Residential Life community will develop positive, meaningful relationships in the residence halls.
- Students who engage in the University Housing and Residential Life community will articulate their own developing values, beliefs, and identities.
- Students who engage in the University Housing and Residential Life community will be able to identify key campus resources that aid in their social, personal, and academic success.
- Students who engage in the University Housing and Residential Life community will transition to campus and build a personal connection to South Dakota State University.