Summer Housing at SDSU
- Summer housing begins May 9, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
- There is a weekly charge and housing can be canceled at any time without additional charges.
South Dakota State University (SDSU) has limited access to Residence Halls in response to the National and State Declarations of Emergency due to COVID-19. While we will make every attempt to meet student summer housing needs, we will also adhere to Center for Disease Control, South Dakota Health Department, and University guidance.
Students must have an active student ID AND meet one of the following criteria in order to be eligible for summer housing.
- Individuals who need to remain on campus for academic purposes which include but are not limited to summer school classes, SDSU summer research assistantship, graduate assistantship and academic related internships.
- Students employed on the campus of SDSU.
- Students working in the Brookings community and are returning to SDSU for the fall semester.
- Students must also be in good financial standing with the Institution.
Summer housing rate is:
- Double occupancy: $77 per week
- Single occupancy: $102 per week**
*Amount is not prorated based on days. The week begins Sunday and goes through Saturday.
Students that do not have a signed Housing Contract and campus living assignment for Fall 2021 will be required to move out by July 31, 2021.
Housing & Residential Life is not able to provide summer housing for students with spouses or children at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Apply for Summer Housing
- Apply online starting April 6, 2021 at 10 a.m.
- Go to MyState
- Go to Dashboard. Click My Resources > Forms > University Housing Application > Summer Housing Application>Summer Housing 2021
For more information contact Residential Life.