- New Students - August 23, 2019 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Returning Students - August 24, 2019 @ 1:00 p.m.
- November 27, 2019 – December 1, 2019 - Please inform your RHD if you plan to stay during this break.
- There is no additional cost to stay over Thanksgiving break, as this is included in the cost of room and board for the semester.
- Residents are to check-out and vacate campus housing within 24 hours of their last final exam even if the halls are open. The end of the contract period is based on the final exam schedule rather than a date.
- December 19, 2019 - All halls close @ Noon
Winter Break Housing
- Winter Break & Early Arrival Housing application opens on November 26, 2019 @ 10 a.m. Students can start applying to stay over winter break.
- Cost: $20.00 per night to stay over winter break.
- Contact Housing & Residential Life for more information
- January 11, 2020 - All halls open @ Noon
- Early Arrival for International Students begins December 27, 2019 (contact Housing & Residential Life for additional information)
Spring Classes Resume
- January 13, 2020
Returning Student Application Fall 2019
January 28, 2020 @ 10:00 a.m. -- application for Fall 2020 opens for returning students.
- Spring Break Housing application goes live February 11, 2020
- Cost: $20.00 per day
- March 6, 2020 - Halls Close @ 7 p.m
- March 15, 2020 - Halls open @ Noon
- April 10-12, 2020 - Halls remain open
Final Exam Week
- May 4-8, 2020
- Quiet hours - May 1, 2020 - May 8, 2020
Halls close for Academic Year
- May 9, 2020 @ Noon
- Summer Housing Application becomes available - April 1, 2019
- To apply, log in to MyState
- Contact Housing & Residential Life for more details
- Summer term begins May 6, 2019
Other Important Dates:
New Incoming Students Housing Application for Fall 2019
- New incoming freshmen can apply for Fall 2019 housing starting October 15, 2019 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Log in to mystate.sdstate.edu to apply.
- Roommate Requests will open in February!
New Incoming Students for Spring 2020 Housing Application
- The housing application for Spring 2020 for incoming students will become available on November 12, 2019 @ 10:00 a.m.