Welcome to SDSU Emergency Management. Please use this site as a resource to better understand emergency management at the university and how you can become part of and contribute to our efforts. It takes an effort by all of us to create and sustain an effective emergency management program.
To prepare for, mitigate the effects of, respond to and recover from real or potential man-made or natural disasters.
Provide leadership and oversee the planning, organization and management of emergency responses and related training in order to provide a safe campus.
Purpose of Emergency Management
- Maintains the SDSU Emergency Plan, both written and online
- Coordinates with local, state and federal emergency planners
- Provides emergency management training for the community
- Provides leadership for emergency preparedness
- Serves on the Emergency Management Team
- Serves on the campus Risk Management Team
- Utilizes several supplemental methods to facilitate incident communications, such as Campus Alert.
- Participates in and conducts numerous exercises annually to empower participants, examine plans and equipment and demonstrate decision-making processes.
- Fosters numerous important internal and external partnerships.
- Collaborates and coordinates with various individuals, groups and agencies across the emergency management spectrum.
News and Events
SDSU Emergency Management Newsletters: