Skip to main content

Licensed Vendors and Royalties

  • A university-licensed vendor must be used to produce all products utilizing a university logo, wordmark or registered verbiage. Exceptions will be made only for highly specialized items that current vendors do not already have. A one-time licensing waiver must be obtained from Trademarks and Licensing prior to placing an order.
  • Failure to use a licensed vendor and have artwork approved will result in the university confiscating and destroying the items at the club’s expense.
  • Apparel and merchandise for student clubs and organizations are subject to royalties. The only royalty exception is official uniforms for athletic play (t-shirts do not qualify).
  • The 10% royalty payment is paid to the university by the vendor, not the club or organization. The vendor will include this fee in the overall price of the product. When receiving a quote, be sure to ask if it includes the royalty fee or if royalties will be added on top of the quote.
  • The royalties paid to the university fund student scholarships.