Account Information

Get Connected

Step 1: Login To MyState

  • Visit
  • Click on "Sign In" in the top right corner.
  • Use your username. You can find your username in the email sent from Admissions or by clicking here. You will need to enter your last name and your SDSU ID number located on your MyJacks Card.
  • Use Login Help to reset your password.
  • Log in to MyState.

Note: Do not forget to change your password. This will also change your password for your Jacks Email and D2L.

Step 2: Activate Jacks Email

  • Go to "Activate Jacks Email".
  • Follow the instructions for finding your Email address.
  • Once you have your email, click on the activation link.
  • Log in using your Email address.
  • Your password is the same as your MyState password.
  • For all future logins, use

Step 3: Activate My D2L

  • Log in to D2L at
  • Select SDSU Users Login.
  • Enter your email address.
  • Enter your email address and email password to sign in.
  • When prompted for DUO, go through those steps.
    • If you need DUO assistance, check out our DUO assistance page. (not accessible at the current moment)

Note: You can access your D2L account after you have registered for classes.

Login Help

If you forgot your credentials and need assistance with resetting your accounts, please visit our Login Help website.

How To Setup a Secondary Email Address

What is my secondary email address?

Your secondary email, in most cases, is the email address you included on your application to South Dakota State University. Also, it could be the email you received your acceptance letter or any other correspondence from the University.

How can I update my secondary email address?

Log in to MyState, click Dashboard, and go to "My Current Profile." Once there, under your email, it should have the option to "change secondary email." This will take you to Self Service, where it shows your personal information. On the second screen, there should be a box that says 'personal details' at the top, the next one down says 'email,' and you can update your secondary email address there.

If the steps above didn't work for you, you could fill out the Change of Address form through the Records and Registration office to update your secondary email address.

Disabled Accounts

After a student graduates from or leaves SDSU, they will no longer have access to D2L, MyState, Box, or Office365 programs. Only current students have access to these services. They will still have access to their Jacks email, as long as they sign into it every six months.