South Dakota State University provides Microsoft Office to every student, staff and faculty member, free of charge. Office 365 includes the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and more. As long as you're a current student or employed at SDSU, you'll be able to use this software for free. You can install Office365 on up to five compatible computers, plus five mobile devices.
Zoom is a cloud-based service that provides simple online meetings, content sharing, and video conferencing capabilities. You do not need a Zoom account to attend a Zoom meeting; only the host has to have an account to schedule meetings. All active faculty, staff and students at SDSU are entitled to a Zoom account.
- Internet connection - wired or wireless
- Webcam - built-in camera or USB camera
- Speakers/Microphones - built-in or external USB and Bluetooth
- macOS 12 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- iOS 16 or Android 11
- In the sign-in window, select the option for "Sign In with SSO."
- If it asks for your company domain, enter "sdstate." If it asks for you to sign in by email, enter your full sdstate email address.
- It will then direct you to the single sign-on page.
- Select "Launch Zoom."
All students, staff and faculty at SDSU may download and install EndNote on their work and personal computers. This program is licensed only for current SDSU students, staff, and employees.
For installation instructions, check out the Briggs Library EndNote: Getting Started page.
Your department can purchase other software through the Software Request Form on InsideState. Software included on the form is:
SAS (Windows only) R
If there is a software that your department needs that is not on this form, please fill out the Supplemental Software or Service Request Form.
- Microsoft Visio
- ArcGIS Pro & Desktop (Windows only)
- Microsoft Project
- JMP & JMP Pro
If you need any assistance with installing these or any other programs, please contact the Support Desk. If you are bringing your device to the Support Desk, please make sure to fill out the Device Repair Services form.