Become a better math teacher by becoming a better mathematician.
The Advanced Graduate Mathematics Certificate is designed for current high school mathematics teachers who are either enrolled in or have completed a master’s degree, are interested in getting credentials to teach concurrent dual credit math courses, and have already completed nine credit hours of graduate mathematics courses through the Graduate Mathematics Certificate or another avenue (for example the SDSU Data Science Certificate) in order to meet HLC requirements. The 18-credit sequence of the Graduate Mathematics Certificate and Advanced Graduate Mathematics Certificate would allow you to do that.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in mathematics or related field
- High school teacher who seeks professional development, especially towards the qualification to teach college-level math courses in concurrent enrollment programs
- Mathematics instructor who seeks qualification to teach at colleges and universities
- Are an analytical, logical thinker
- Enjoy solving problems
- Teacher at the high-school or college level