- Brookings Main Campus
Mathematics can take the world almost anywhere!
The focus of the M.S. in Mathematics program is the development of sophisticated mathematical models and their implementation on high performance computing platforms. The curriculum features a balance of application, computation, and theory with particular emphasis in the areas of operations research, computational science, and the development of probabilistic and deterministic models. Areas of faculty and graduate student research activity include computational biology, computational finance, molecular dynamics simulation, operations research, optimization, and Ramsey theory. The program is particularly effective at preparing graduates to work in business, industry, or government as well as preparing students to continue on to the Ph.D. in Computational Science and Statistics or other Ph.D. program.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have strong problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Have a strong interest in the pursuit of knowledge
- Are able to grasp the essence of complex situations
- Have good communication skills
- Want your quantitative skills to have an impact
- Data scientist
- Computational scientist
- Financial analyst
- Computer programmer
- Insurance, business, or financial consultant
- Business technology, research and product development