Without statistics, you’re just another person with an opinion.
The Computational Science and Statistics Ph.D. program is designed to train students to integrate computational and statistical methodologies to formulate, model, analyze, and solve research problems of interest in a wide variety of applied and theoretical contexts. The Statistics Specialization will emphasize curriculum and research programs focusing on problems at the boundaries of effectiveness of current modern statistical methods. Students in this specialization will received a multidisciplinary education combining the curriculums of the Mathematics and Data Science specializations.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate or master's degree in mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Have strong problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Are able to grasp the essence of complex situations
- Have good communication skills
- Want your quantitative skills to have an impact
- Data Scientist
- Statistical programmer
- Financial analyst
- Research and development manager
- Quality assurance engineer