Without statistics, you’re just another person with an opinion.
Develop sophisticated statistical models and their implementation on high performance computing platforms. The curriculum features a balance of application, computation, and theory with particular emphasis in the areas of biostatistics/informatics and analytics. Areas of faculty and graduate student research activity include bioinformatics, biostatistics, business and financial analytics, forensic statistics, and general statistics. The program is particularly effective at preparing graduates to work in business, industry, or government as well as preparing students to continue on to the Ph.D. in Computational Science and Statistics or other Ph.D. program.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have strong problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Have a strong interest in the pursuit of knowledge
- Are able to grasp the essence of complex situations
- Have good communication skills
- Want your quantitative skills to have an impact
- Data scientist
- Statistical programmer
- Financial analyst
- Research and development manager
- Quality assurance engineer