South Dakota State University
Promoting Leadership in Advanced-Research-Computing for Interdisciplinary Sectors 2023
(SDSU PLAINS REU 2023)
Research Experience for Undergraduates
May 31 - August 4, 2023
Are you looking for a cutting-edge research experience this summer? South Dakota State University faculty members from the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering, the College of Arts and Sciences, and the College of Agricultural and Biological Sciences are thrilled to provide an exciting research experience for undergraduate students.
This REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates) Site is open to US citizens and permanent residents who are pursuing a baccalaureate or associate degree in any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) discipline.
- March 6, 2023 (Monday): Applications are due
- May 31, 2023 (Wednesday): Program begins
- August 4, 2023 (Friday): Program concludes
- Stipend of $6,000 for the 10-week program
- Meal allowance of $1,200
- On-campus housing at no charge for participants
- Up to $600 reimbursement to travel between your residence and the REU Site at the beginning and conclusion of the summer program
- Opportunity to present your research findings and outcomes at regional and national conferences
Please check our brochure for more information.
REU participants will be engaged in a ten-week program of computationally intensive simulation and analysis in the areas of
- Mathematics, Statistics & Computational Sciences
- HPC Cyberinfrastructure Development & Optimization
- Engineered Systems
- Biological & Medical Sciences
This program is seeking students who have completed one to two years of post K-12 education (college or university) and are majoring in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computational sciences, biological sciences, technology, or a related discipline. Students who are attending community or four-year colleges are especially encouraged to apply!
Please prepare your application by providing the following documents
- Application Form
- Two Reference Forms
- Your transcript
Please submit your three application materials via email at SDSU.PLAINSREU@sdstate.edu.
Dr. Stephen Gent (SDSU PLAINS REU Program Director)
Dr. Jung-Han Kimn (SDSU PLAINS REU Associate Director)