Department and faculty offices and most laboratories are located in Crothers Engineering Hall.
The Fabrication and Prototyping lab, the Engines Lab and the Capstone Design Lab are located in the Architecture Mathematics and Engineering Building.
Mechanical Engineering Laboratories
The department's labs include:
- Aerospace Robotics Testbed Lab (ARTLAB)
- Biomaterials Lab
- Capstone Design Lab
- Callihan Design Lab
- Dynamic Systems Lab
- Dynamics and Controls Lab
- Energy Analysis Lab/SD Wind Application Center
- Engines Lab
- Fabrication and Prototyping Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Lab for Engineering of Additive Design; Education and Research (LEADER)
- Materials Evaluation and Testing Lab (METLAB)
- Measurements and Instrumentation Lab
- Simulation Engineering and Analysis Lab (SEALab)
- Thermo-Fluids Lab
These labs support education and research. The instructional labs provide students with opportunities for hands-on experience in measuring important engineering parameters, testing of equipment performance, observing physical phenomena, and fabricating and testing prototype designs.