The Mechanical Engineering Department at South Dakota State University seeks meaningful and regular interaction with the department's constituents as a vital part of its continuous improvement process. Alumni and employers are important constituent groups and are in a position to contribute valuable feedback on the program's outcomes and objectives. The purpose of the SDSU Mechanical Engineering Advisory Council is to provide external input and exchange of information with the department that will result in continuous program improvement.
Particular tasks are:
- To act as an alert sounding board on M.E. professional and technical activities.
- To make suggestions to the M.E. Department on curriculum changes.
- To facilitate communication between the University and the public.
- To be a channel for the dissemination of information.
- To provide information on trends in technology, science, engineering, and the workplace.
- To give direction and exchange information on economic and societal needs and changes.
- To assist the program in development of appropriate resources to maintain high quality in performing its mission.
Industry Advisory Board Members
|Joel Bordewyk||POET||Bingham Lake, MN|
|Mike Brandt||3M||Brookings, SD|
|Bart Brost||Showplace Wood Products||Harrisburg, SD|
|Troy Erickson||Daktronics||Brookings, SD|
|Steve Fink||Tessier's Inc.||Sioux Falls, SD|
|Traci Geller||Xcel Energy||Minneapolis, MN|
|Darrin Hofmesiter||Worthington Industries||Watertown, SD|
|Jim Huls||Link Manufacturing||Sioux Center, IA|
|Douglas Jaton||Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies||Sioux Falls, SD|
|Chris LeMair||Manitou Group||Madison, SD|
|John Mahoney||Twin City Fan Co.||Sioux Falls, SD|
|Nate Nearman||Daktronics||Brookings, SD|
|Jon Ness||RFA Engineering||Eden Prairie, MN|
|Jason Ollerich (Chair)||Ingersoll Rand||Sioux Falls, SD|
|Shaun Riedesel||Immutrix Therapeutics||Rapid City, SD|
|Jonathan Roehrl||Bobcat Company||Bismarck, ND|
|Sidney Smith||TSP||Sioux Falls, SD|
|Ross Wilcoxon||Rockwell Collins||Cedar Rapids, IA|